Social media marketing is essential to the success of international businesses. If your customers or target audience are in foreign countries, or your customers are non-English speakers, you need to be certain that your social media campaigns are accurately translated to convey the appropriate message.
Communication is critical on social media sites, and failing to localize the target languages will negatively affect your business. The right way to conduct social media campaigns is to communicate with your customers in their native language.
WHY YOU SHOULD HIRE AN AGENCY TO TRANSLATE YOUR SOCIAL POSTS
Posting ads on social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, in different languages is a complex process. One wrong word, and you will see how fast your mistake can go viral.
When promoting your products or services, it is essential to convey accurately translated posts to social media. A translation agency will ensure that your social media campaigns effectively communicate your message. If your target audience fully understands your message, they are more likely to convert.
A professional translation agency like LinguaLinx provides localization, which will capture cultural norms and trends in different regions of the world. Localization is vital to building your brand and cultivating a following on social media.
If you want your business to be internationally successful, take the extra step of hiring professional translation. Audiences know when businesses are truly customer-focused versus only claiming to be.
Your social media posts should:
- Address the various hashtags used in countries.
- Use the social channels relevant to the area. Channel use varies by region!
- Beware of how slogans and hashtags may not translate directly.
Interesting Trends in International Social Media Use
- According to Hootsuite, multilingual social media is relevant now more than ever; and although English still ranks as the top language in use, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, and Portuguese are becoming more prominent.
- A Facebook Business study found that 80% of US Hispanics surveyed responded more positively to ads in Spanish versus English.
- Asian Americans are choosing to connect in-language on social media, with 42% communicating with friends in their native language half of the time or more on Facebook.
At LinguaLinx, we have a team of native-speaking translators who are experts in social media marketing. We can translate over 200 languages, so you can trust us to convey your message perfectly across the world. Get in touch with us for your next social media campaign!