Social media is an integral platform essential to marketing and communication for international businesses. If your customers or target audience are in foreign countries, you have to be sure your social media campaigns are accurately translated to convey the appropriate message.
Communication is key on social media sites and failing to localize the target languages will negatively affect your business. The right way to conduct social media campaigns is to communicate with your customers in their native language.
Why You Should Hire a Social Media Translation Agency
This is one of those cases when you should leave it to the professionals. Posting ads on social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, in different languages is a complex process. One wrong word, and you will see how fast your mistake can go viral.
To promote your products or services, it is essential to convey accurately translated posts to social media. A translation agency will ensure that your social media campaigns stay on message. If your target audience fully understands your message, then they will be more likely to convert.
A professional translation agency like LinguaLinx provides localization which will capture cultural norms and trends in different regions of the world. Localization is vital to building your brand and cultivating a following on social media.
If you want your business to be internationally successful, taking the extra step in hiring professional translation can make your company seem more customer-focused.
Your social media posts should:
- Address the various hashtags used in countries.
- Use the social channels appropriate to certain audiences to maximize exposure because people in Germany will use different sites compared to those in India or Canada.
- Beware of how slogans and hashtags may not translate directly.
Interesting Trends in International Social Media Use
- According to Hootsuite, multilingual social media is relevant now more than ever; and although English still ranks as the top language in use, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, and Portuguese are becoming more prominent.
- A Facebook Business study found that 80% of US Hispanics surveyed respond more positively to ads in Spanish versus English.
- Asian Americans are choosing to connect in-language on social media, with 42% communicating with friends in an Asian language half of the time or more on Facebook.
At LinguaLinx, we have a team of native-speaking translators who are experts in social media marketing. We can translate over 200 languages, so you can trust us to convey your message perfectly across the world. Get in touch with us for your next social media campaign!